Christmas Tree Inspiration
If you are open to new ideas, just about anything can be a Christmas tree because it's all in the presentation.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Funky and fun miniature trees are perfect in a grouping on a sofa table, buffet or even the kitchen counter. They're made out of ribbon or fabric-covered foam topiaries that are hot-glued into containers and adorned with anything from Christmas light bulbs to feathers to glittery beaded garland. Since the best gifts come in small packages, these are just the trees for those items!
Here are some other tree-inspired ideas:
- Make a hanging ribbon tree for a corner, the center of an entry or even above the folding counter in a laundry room.
- Use ribbon to tie macramé rings in a variety of sizes together. Wrap each with low-wattage, UL-approved white holiday lights that don't generate heat. Drape beautiful ribbons over the rings to create the foliage streamers, which cover the structure but allow the glow from the lights to shine through.
- For just a whisper of the holidays in your home, purchase several cherry-blossom branches from a florist. The flowers give the impression of tufts of snow along the branches, and when placed in a very large glass container, the bouquet can be high enough to allow plenty of room for stacks of beautifully wrapped Christmas packages underneath.
- Use carefully-wrapped surprises as part of your holiday decor. One of the best ways to do this is to use paper in colors that either stand out or blend in with the existing decor of your home. A collection of pink and silver packages is certainly eye-catching. If the packages look too good to unwrap, use empty boxes and display your creations again next year.
- Turn a white Christmas tree into a snowman (or an elf, Santa and even a reindeer) using felt and fabric for his eyes and nose, top hat and a scarf to keep him warm.
For many of us, a natural tree trimmed with decorations is what Christmas is all about. Caring for a cut tree properly will...
During the holiday season, the Christmas tree is the centerpiece of your home. Trim your tree with these inspirational...(15 photos)
Decorating the Christmas tree is an annual tradition many families enjoy, but the tree itself doesn't need to be traditional....(18 photos)