Adding a Light Fixture to a Ceiling Fan
Enhancing a room’s ambience is as easy as following these step-by-step instructions.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Need overhead lighting? It's a cinch with this do-it-yourself project.
Materials and Tools:
ceiling-fan light kit
1. Turn off the electricity to the ceiling fan by switching off the power at the breaker or fuse box. For greatest ease and safety, remove the ceiling fan so you can work on a tabletop rather than standing on a ladder.
2. Remove the screws holding the decorative center plate that hangs below the center of the fan. Remove the plate to expose the wiring.
3. On most fans, once the center plate is removed, dedicated wires for attaching a light fixture will be visible and labeled. There should be two wires: one white and one black. The light assembly should have corresponding black and white wires.
4. Feed the light fixture's black and white wires through the hole in the center plate. Screw the light assembly onto the center plate so that it is firmly attached.
5. Use wire nuts to attach the wires-white to white, and black to black.
6. With the light fixture now wired and attached, reattach the center plate to the body of the fan. Replace the screws that hold the center plate in place.
7. Reinstall the fan onto the ceiling.
Courtesy of DIYnetwork.com
No need to toss that old lamp. Follow these easy steps for rewiring a light, making it good as new.
Spice up your living room by giving tired furniture a refreshed look with bold, colorful slipcovers in various patterns and...(6 photos)
Follow these step-by-step instructions on getting the weight distribution right when hanging a large, heavy mirror.