Kate and Greg hired a contractor to install a French drain and bathroom with a bathtub in their basement. When they came home to see their walls were sliced along the bottom and the contractor duct taped them back together, they quickly kicked him off the job. Now they are left with no place to bathe their son who is getting too big for the kitchen sink, and a hazardous situation with exposed wiring and insulation right at their child's eye line. JD comes to their rescue and discovers the situation is much worse than Kate and Greg thought. Not only is everything the contractor did wrong, but he also missed a glaring mistake, damaged asbestos tiles right on the laundry room floor. JD and his team leap into action and give Kate and Greg the basement of their dreams.
Homeowners Vanessa and Danny were left with a slew of problems in their house after they hired a contractor to replace their HVAC system, do an oil-to-gas heat conversion, and fix some problems with their bathroom. Their contractor cut corners everywhere possible, leaving spray foam and dirt under their tub surround, empty holes for duct work all over the house, and a vent pipe buried somewhere in their attic. John DeSilvia and his team step in to fix the problems and as they investigate the damages, things only get worse. It's one headache after another with this space, but in the end, John returns the house to Vanessa and Danny, and makes it safe and beautiful.
The Sheins thought renovating their small master bathroom would be easy, but their contractor proved them wrong. While working on the bathroom, he fell through the floor and into the living room not once but twice and he seems to have cut through the support joists on his way down. He also installed faulty plumbing that leaked into the living room, did a poor job with the tile floor and installed a door in their bedroom that leads to nothing but real structural devastation. Now, John DeSilvia and his team come to the rescue and show the Sheins just how smooth their bathroom renovation should have been.
Homeowners Gina and John call in licensed contractor John DeSilvia to fix simple water damage left behind by a deceptive contractor. But after a little detective work John discovers that there are more serious issues. John calls in a mold remediation team to make the room safe but while the mold is being taken care of, John discovers a fire hazard and health risk being caused by an un-vented dryer. He gets his best guys in to take care of that as well. It's one headache after another on this home, but in the end, John delivers safe and beautiful indoor and outdoor living space back to the homeowners.
When water began seeping through Natalia's bedroom ceiling, she figured she'd kill two birds with one stone by hiring a contractor to stop the leak and renovate her kitchen. The contractor not only failed to repair the leak but actually made it worse. The water from the leak warped Natalia's hardwood floors and the contractor left with her money. Now, John DeSilvia must repair the roof to stop the problem and give Natalia the kitchen she paid for.
Adam and Sabrina's troubles began when they hired a contractor to replace the roof after storm damage. After he'd finished the job, they found water leaking through the ceiling and cascading down their walls. They demanded that the contractor come back and fix his mistakes, but he sent their calls to voicemail and disappeared. Now, regular rain and melting snow continue to leak into the dining room and their toddler's bedroom causing continuous stress for Adam and Sabrina and respiratory issues for their son. John DeSilvia and his team come to their aid by redoing the roof the way it should have been done the first time.
Expectant parents Bethany and Jeremiah Younossi wanted to re-do the moldy basement in the new home they purchased when first engaged. A contractor was referred to them by a friend, but there was one catch: he needed a place to live during the renovation . . . so he moved in with them! While he was quick to ask for cash, he never finished the job and finally they had to kick him to the curb-literally. Now only a few weeks away from the arrival of their first born, the couple is out of money and worried about the health affects of mold on their little bundle of joy.
Roxanne Dunn, a single mother and former Miss New Jersey, hired a contractor after losing her previous kitchen to a fire. He was supposed to add a kitchen addition to her childhood home that she shares with her mother. After paying him upfront for everything, he took off - just before their flat, improperly pitched roof caved in and destroyed the shell of a kitchen below. For the last six years, their kitchen has consisted of a microwave, a hot plate, and a plastic table inside a water-damaged space. Host John DeSilvia and his team are gutting the kitchen, fixing the roof and redesigning the interior for this former beauty queen.
Suzanne Schiavelli-Backstrom fell in love with the original details of her three-story brownstone at first sight. There was the problem of the antiquated heating and cooling system though, so they hired a contractor to add a ductless HVAC system and bring their thermostat into the modern age. But instead of small vents hidden throughout the walls as expected, the contractor removed all of the traditional molding and finish work to install large industrial style ducts - even cutting into their newly restored roof to mount the machinery. With water leaking through the roof and the ugly-duct system that doesn't even work properly, licensed contractor John DeSilvia and his team will have to do an entire gut renovation to bring the Backstrom's brownstone back to its former glory.
New parents Kate and Doug Cotto wanted to make sure their new home was nice and cozy for their eighteen-month-old son before they even moved in. They hired a contractor to re-insulate and side their entire house. What they got was shoddy exterior siding with no weather wrap and freezing interior temperatures--not what they wanted for their new life together and new son.
Homeowners Haiwen and Jaisong hired a contractor to build a deck, and although he left them with a structure that looks like a deck, it is on the brink of collapsing right under their feet. With no footers, a ledger board that is pulling away from the house, and plywood that is saturated in water causing the screws to rot and pop out, contractor John DeSilvia and his team can't use anything from the original construction. As they demo, they discover that water has been seeping into the house and causing the structural header holding up the second floor to completely rot away. What started as a bad deck turns into a seriously dangerous situation in the home that JD and his crew have to repair.
Homeowner Chimere is a mother of three and trying to do it all. The contractor she hired to fix her two bathrooms left her house a wreck. Leaks from his shoddy installations caused water to build up and collapse the ceiling in the basement below. Now Chimere is left without a fully-functioning bathroom and no space for her children to play or keep their things. JD and his crew come to the rescue. They discover that the entire situation could have been prevented by a two-dollar fix.
John DeSilvia gives these homeowners the master bath they never had and refinishes their chimney.
All New! Thursdays 9|8c