Pie Pops Recipe
Make these bite-sized treats for your next outdoor party.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Yield: 12 pie pops
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) chilled butter, cut into small pieces
5 to 6 tablespoons cold water
Yield: 1 regular pie or 40 pie pops
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon lemon juice
7 cups peeled, cored and chopped apples (Granny Smith and Gala style)
1 egg white
long lollipop sticks
1. To make pie crust, mix flour and salt together with fork in a bowl. Using a food processor, mix in butter until mixture crumbles.
2. Slowly add water and mix with fork until mixture starts to take dough form. Split dough into 2 equal portions, roll into ball shapes, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
3. Combine all apple filling ingredients in a mixing bowl. Transfer to a medium saucepan.
4. Over medium heat, cook mixture, stirring often for about 20 minutes or until apples are soft enough to cut with a fork (image 1). Remove from heat, and let cool.
5. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Roll pie crust dough out onto floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness.
6. Using a 2 3/4- to 3-inch round biscuit cutter or cookie cutter, cut out mini pie crusts (image 2). Place on baking sheet lined with silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
7. Place 1/2 tablespoon of apple pie filling onto center of mini pie crust. Place lollipop stick onto center of pie with top of stick near (but not at) the edge of crust (image 3).
8. Place second mini crust on top of filling and lollipop stick. Align edges with bottom crust. Using a fork, crimp edges of crust to seal them together (image 4). Press extra firm around stick base to seal it.
9. Brush egg white on top of pie pop, covering majority of crust (image 5). Repeat steps to make the rest of the pops.
10. Bake for 15 minutes or until pops are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool. Serve and enjoy.
Transform your favorite pie into dip form and pair it with easy-to-make, made-from-scratch gingersnap cookies.