Sage, Onion and Smoked Bacon Stuffing
Smoked bacon, olive oil and freshly chopped herbs give this filling stuffing a rich, hearty flavor.
- Excerpted from A Greener Christmas
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
1 onion, finely chopped
3 strips organic or free-range smoked bacon, chopped
9 ounces cooked sausage meat (optional)
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. butter
1 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
1 heaped tbsp. chopped fresh sage
salt and pepper
1 medium egg, lightly beaten
a little fresh parsley, chopped
1. Cook the onion and bacon in the oil in a saucepan on medium heat until the bacon is just beginning to brown.
2. Melt the butter, then add breadcrumbs and sage and season well. Stir in the beaten egg to bind the mixture together.
3. Place the stuffing in an ovenproof dish and bake in the oven at 350 degrees F for approximately 30 minutes, or until the stuffing is golden brown and firm to touch. Scatter the chopped fresh parsley over the stuffing just before serving it.
4. If you wish, you can also add nine ounces of cooked sausage meat when you add the breadcrumbs.
Excerpted from A Greener Christmas
© Dorling Kindersley Limited 2008
The entertaining experts at HGTV.com share a recipe for a savory herbal stuffing to accompany your Thanksgiving or holiday meal.
The entertaining experts at HGTV.com share more than 20 of their favorite recipes for savory turkey, ham and duck plus tasty...(22 photos)
The entertaining experts at HGTV.com share a recipe for a warm cocktail that combines pear cider, brandy and honey.