Hot Buttered Rum
Gather your friends around the fireplace for this truly traditional winter favorite cocktail.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
1 tsp. brown sugar
4 oz. hot milk (use hot water for a lighter texture)
2 oz. dark rum (l prefer Myers's for its richness)
1 Tbs. butter (not margarine)
- Prepare your drinking mug by warming it up.
- Make sure you're using a heat-resistant mug. Pour piping hot water into it and cover with a small plate.
- Once warmed, empty the hot water and add brown sugar and hot milk (or fresh, hot water if you prefer).
- Stir until the sugar dissolves and then add rum.
- Gently float the butter atop the drink and sprinkle some nutmeg over that.
During the winter offer guests an alternate sundae station by creating a hot chocolate bar. Set out toppings like whipped...