Bejeweled Truffle Recipe
These sweet morsels are as pretty as they are tasty. The bejeweled effect is achieved by rolling the truffles in pink sugar pearls.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Yield: Makes approximately 12 1-inch truffles
8 oz. condensed milk
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons dry coconut flakes
red food coloring (liquid is best)
pink sugar pearls
pink fondant sugar paste
1. Add condensed milk and butter to a saucepan. Stir constantly over low heat until mixture bubbles, about 10 minutes.
2. Add coconut flakes and stir.
3. Take mixture off the heat and add food coloring to achieve desired color. For a light pink shade use one teaspoon of liquid coloring.
4. Transfer mixture to a bowl and allow to cool in the fridge until set.
5. Once set, lightly grease palm of your hands with a little butter and scoop balls out of the mixture. Roll to form balls and coat in the sugar pearls.
6. Transfer coated balls to a paper cupcake liner.
7. Decorate each truffle with a fondant sugar paste rose made using a fondant mold (found at WholePort.com). Use a little icing or corn syrup to stick roses to truffles.
Celebrate the bride and groom as they leave for their honeymoon! Adorn reception chairs with these sweet DIY wedding confetti...
DIY table numbers are adorable, easy to make and could easily double as wedding keepsakes. Get printable table numbers and...
Pretty, inexpensive and long-lasting, paper flower bouquets are perfect wedding mementos. Learn how to make paper flowers for...