Halloween Cocktail: Mr. Hyde Potion
This spirited Halloween drink might just be a life-changing experience. The potion is full of herbaceous flavors and a kick that will bring out the fun monster in your party guests.
By: Sam Henderson
8 ounces vodka
4 ounces parfait amour liqueur
1 ounce blackberry liqueur
2 ounces tarragon simple syrup (recipe follows)
1 ounce fresh lemon juice
1 ounce lavender syrup, available at most liquor stores
4 lavender sprigs
dry ice (optional) Note: Use only if you're familiar with dry-ice safety measures
purple sanding sugar for rim (optional)
Yield: 4 cocktails
1. Prepare the tarragon simple syrup by placing 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in a small saucepan.
2. Heat over medium-low heat until it reaches a low boil. Add two sprigs of fresh tarragon and reduce heat to low. Heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove tarragon and allow syrup to cool.
3. Place 2 blackberries on each lavender sprig and set aside. Tip: For best results, insert a toothpick through blackberry first to make a small hole for the lavender stem.
4. Cut and juice lemon. Strain to remove pulp, if desired. Add spirits, syrups and juice to a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake until very cold (about 20 seconds).
5.Pour drink into beakers, add a small piece of dry ice (optional) and a lavender-blackberry skewer. Note: Drink is safe to consume only after dry ice has completely dissolved.
Tip: Alternatively, moisten the rim of a cocktail glass and dip in purple sanding sugar. Add cocktail and small piece of dry ice. Lay lavender-blackberry skewer across the top of the glass and serve.
Halloween Recipe: Yummy Mummy Empanadas
Wrap up fun for your Halloween party guests with these pepperoni pizza-style empanadas. Filled with hearty ingredients, they're a kid-pleasing snack for school lunches too.
Halloween Party Appetizer: Cheesy Eyeballs
This fun-to-make appetizer will have your Halloween party guests doing a double take. A few simple ingredients make this savory snack a scary-easy addition to your party table.
Halloween Snack: Scream Cheese Sandwiches
Delight Halloween party guests of all ages with these fun-to-make savory mini sandwiches. Healthy and vegetarian-friendly, these spooky snacks are sure to be a hit with even the pickiest of palettes.
Halloween Treat: Candy-Corn Brownies Recipe
Concentric rings of colored sugar give moist, chocolatey brownies a candy-corn makeover for Halloween. They're as pleasing to the eye as they are to the palate.
Halloween Treat: Rice Cereal Monsters
These treats definitely won't suck the fun out of your Halloween soiree. With vampire teeth they can keep, your guests will fall in love with these tasty nibbles at first bite.
Make Frankens'more Treat Pops for Halloween
Delight your Halloween party guests with this frightfully cute spin on a classic campfire recipe. Turn chocolate-covered graham crackers filled with gooey marshmallow into a Frankenstein-themed treat pop for a fun-to-eat party favor.
Halloween Morgue-A-Rita Cocktail
The ooey-gooey margarita will ensure your guests have a frightfully good time at your Halloween party. The blood red maraschino syrup adds the cherry 'on the bottom' while sugary green "goo" lends a creepy twist.
Halloween Spirits: Bloody Orange Cocktail
The only thing scary about these Bloody Orange cocktails is how good they taste. The homemade raspberry syrup-filled syringes are sure to wow your guests.
Halloween Recipe: Mummy Hot Dogs
Wrap hot dogs in flaky, ready-made dough to create a Halloween party snack kids will love to help make before gobbling them up.
Fall Recipe: Chocolate-Dipped Pumpkin Madeleines
These autumnal pumpkin cookies are the just-right treat to serve at a Halloween party, Thanksgiving dinner or any fall get-together. They're also the not-too-sweet complement to a cup of tea and party of one.
Pumpkin-carving templates, easy costume ideas, party invites & favors, DIY decorations and more!
- Our 55 Favorite Halloween Decorating Ideas
- 40 Sweet & Salty Halloween Snacks
- 30 Halloween Kids' Crafts
- 50 Crafty Costume Ideas for Kids + Adults
- 15 Handmade Dog + Cat Costumes
- Host an Unforgettable Kids' Costume Party
- Throw a Kid's Halloween Craft Party
- 20+ Hip Halloween Decorating Ideas
- 10 Creep-Tastic Halloween Wreaths
- Set Up an Outdoor Trick-or-Treat Station
- Spooky Front Porch Decorating Ideas
- 21 Halloween Party Favor and Treat Bag Ideas
- 23 To-Die-For Halloween Cocktails
- Throw a Halloween Cupcake-Decorating Party
- 23 Beginner Pumpkin-Carving Templates
- 17 Advanced Pumpkin-Carving Templates
- 55 Free Printable Halloween Templates
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.