Bejeweled Truffle Recipe
These sweet morsels are as pretty as they are tasty. The bejeweled effect is achieved by rolling the truffles in pink sugar pearls.
Yield: Makes approximately 12 1-inch truffles
8 oz. condensed milk
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons dry coconut flakes
red food coloring (liquid is best)
pink sugar pearls
pink fondant sugar paste
1. Add condensed milk and butter to a saucepan. Stir constantly over low heat until mixture bubbles, about 10 minutes.
2. Add coconut flakes and stir.
3. Take mixture off the heat and add food coloring to achieve desired color. For a light pink shade use one teaspoon of liquid coloring.
4. Transfer mixture to a bowl and allow to cool in the fridge until set.
5. Once set, lightly grease palm of your hands with a little butter and scoop balls out of the mixture. Roll to form balls and coat in the sugar pearls.
6. Transfer coated balls to a paper cupcake liner.
7. Decorate each truffle with a fondant sugar paste rose made using a fondant mold. Use a little icing or corn syrup to stick roses to truffles.