How to Build a Simple Cabinet
A simple cabinet houses extra workout materials and provides a surface for scented candles. Follow these step-by-step instructions.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
laminated pine panels
cabinet hardware (three-inch Band Spindle SKU212414) Lowe's
1/8" luan plywood
router with ogee bit
1. Use a circular saw and guide (make sure the base of the saw rests flat against the guide as you go) to cut the necessary pieces for the cabinet (the featured project is 18 inches deep so it doesn't stick out into the room too far). Cut a groove to hold the back piece in place in the two side panels using a table saw.
2. Use a butt joint to glue and nail the sides and bottom pieces together. Cut the backing out of luan plywood and slide it into position. Glue and nail the top into place.
3. Cut a door to the same height and width as the front of the cabinet. Use a router with an ogee bit to create a decorative groove around the outer edges.
4. Attach two hinges to the cabinet after drilling pilot holes, and then attach the hinges to the door in the same way to hold it in place.
5. Prime and paint the piece as desired.
Designer Kahi Lee explains a creative way to repurpose an old cabinet.
Rectangular cabinets provide useful and decorative storage, and they sit on a bathroom counter. Follow these step-by-step...
A chair inspired this versatile bench that can be used in a variety of furniture arrangements in any room. Follow these...