Solid Surface Countertops
This man-made surface gives a bathroom counter the look of stone without the upkeep.
Looking for a compromise in your bathroom between high-end stone and affordable laminate? Consider solid surfacing. This acrylic-based countertop is porous, stain-resistant and easy to clean. A worry-free option for the busiest bath, it inhibits mold, mildew and bacteria, and it won't scratch.
Solid surface is available in more than 100 colors, some of which emulate natural materials such as concrete, marble and granite. Seams are barely visible, and the countertop itself is quite customizable. Consider these factors when choosing solid surface:
- The Details: Solid surface is 1/2-inch thick. The edge can be shaped and routed into virtually limitless options.
- Color: Choose from more than 100 colors, from sleek whites to earthy neutrals to eye-catching brights.
- Accents: Solid surface countertops can be smooth and creamy, peppered with metallic flecks, or imbued with dramatic veining.
- Other applications: Achieve unity in the bath with corresponding backsplashes, shower and tub surrounds, and wall treatments.
- Design Possibilities: Working with solid surfacing is reminiscent of woodworking. The material can be cut, sculpted, routed, bent, and shaped in a variety of ways. That means you can achieve the exact look you want.
- Eco-Friendly Options: You can now find a greener version of solid surfacing. This new option contains 15 percent recycled content.
- Practicality: With virtually no downside, low-maintenance solid surface is ideal for baths. The color runs all the way through, so you can buff out minor scratches or even a burn from forgotten curling iron. Unlike stone, it doesn't require sealing.
- Sink Types: Options include drop-in, undermount, and vessel styles.
Photo Friday: Cooking and Dining in the Great Outdoors
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 28, 2015 by Beth Rucker
This or That: Pick Your Favorite Vintage Find From Fixer Upper
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 27, 2015 by Farima Alavi
6 Essentials for the Perfect Tailgate Party + Win the 1 Thing You Really Need
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 25, 2015 by Farima Alavi
Discover the Winning Hue in Our Color Vs. Color Competition!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 24, 2015 by Kayla Kitts
Copy This Room: Get Beach Flip Style in Your Living Room
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 24, 2015 by Shannon Petrie
4 Ways to Personalize Your Dorm Desk + College Goodie Giveaway!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 21, 2015 by Farima Alavi
The Easiest (and Cutest!) DIY Dorm Roommate Mugs Ever
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 20, 2015 by Marianne Canada