Choosing Plants for Year-Round Color
Certain plants will inject color into the garden all year. They provide structure and a sense of permanence as everything else changes.
DK - Learn to Garden , 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited
Mixed borders make quite a colorful splash when flowers are layered based on when they come to flower and how large they will grow when mature.
- Artemisia stelleriana ‘Boughton Silver’
- Euonymus fortunei ‘Silver Queen’
- Hebe pinguifolia ‘Pagei’
- Betula utilis ‘Silver Shadow’
- Ophiopogon planiscapus ‘Nigrescens’
- Salvia officinalis ‘Purpurascens’
- Ajuga reptans ‘Atropurpurea’
- Phormium tenax Purpureum Group
- Festuca glauca ‘Elijah Blue’
- Leymus arenarius
- Juniperus squamata ‘Blue Star’
- Ruta graveolens ‘Jackman’s Blue’
- Fatsia japonica
- Hedera hibernica
- Pittosporum tobira
- Stipa gigantea
- Choisya ternata Sundance
- Ilex aquifolium ‘Golden Milkboy’
- Carex oshimensis ‘Evergold’
- Hebe ochracea ‘James Stirling’
Learn to Garden © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited
Making a terrarium is even easier with this helpful guide to choosing terrarium plants.
Find tips for choosing the right wall colors and wall paint from the experts at HGTV.com.
Learn how to change the look and feel of your garden with this guide.
Whether it's for your full-grown houseplants or starter seedlings, check out these ideas for indoor lighting.
Get tips on how to find the right surfaces for your bath remodel
Get tips on how to find the right floor surface for your remodel
Learn what factors to consider when planning your remodel.