Using a Pumpkin-Carving Template
Our top tips for carving a Halloween pumpkin using a printed template, plus HGTV-exclusive pumpkin-carving templates.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
1. If using a fresh pumpkin, cut a hole in the bottom and remove the seeds.
2. Print a template onto regular paper.
3. Next, transfer template to pumpkin.
There are several great options for transferring a template:
- Cover the back of the paper template with graphite by scribbling over the lines with a pencil. Then tape template with graphite-scribbled side next to the pumpkin. Trace the template image onto the pumpkin with a ballpoint pen. The pressure from the pen will cause the graphite to transfer onto the pumpkin.
- Place a sheet of tracing paper between the printed template and pumpkin, and tape both to the pumpkin. Then, trace the template image onto the pumpkin with a ballpoint pen.
4. Use the newly transferred lines as your carving guide.
When creating a template, think outside the box. Creative ideas include:
- Using your computer to print out your family's name or a monogram.
The Halloween pros at HGTV.com share 22 free, printable beginner-level pumpkin-carving templates.(22 photos)
The Halloween pros at HGTV.com share 17 free, printable advanced-level pumpkin-carving templates.(17 photos)
The handmade experts at HGTV.com share a free printable pattern and instructions for making paper princess crowns to delight...