Sophisticated Laundry Room
A high traffic laundry room gets a French country feel for less than $500.
- More from Decorating Cents
Filed under: Budget Decorating, Room Design, Laundry Rooms, French Style, Cabinets, Tile, Design Style
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Host Joan Steffend and designer Ann Sundet transform a high traffic laundry room into a sophisticated pass-through with a French country feel.
$73 — Paint
The white walls and part of the cabinets are painted a light green color. The cabinet door insets are painted light yellow and enhanced with a stamped fleur-de-lis diamond pattern.
- green paint: Benjamin Moore — Fernwood Green, 2145-40
- yellow paint: Behr — Banana Cream, 350C-2
- fleur-de-lis stamp: Jo-Ann Fabrics — Chunky Stamps, 4352324
- glaze: Plaid — Vernis Barniz Black Glaze 3073822; Old World Bronze 3072808
$35 — Handles
The cabinet doors and drawers are updated with wrought-iron handles.
$21 — Laundry Table
Salvaged table legs are paired with a new top for a convenient spot to fold clothes. A coat of creamy white paint gives the piece a cohesive look.
$167 — Tile
The concrete floors are covered with peel-and-stick black and white vinyl tiles.
- tile: The Home Depot — Armstrong, Stylistik II, Black 26205 and White 26206
$35 — Service Bar
The washer and dryer are dressed with a fabric slipcover and wooden top to turn the surfaces into a bar area when the family entertains.
$98 — Window Treatments
The windows are enhanced with small Plexiglas shelves set atop wooden brackets.
$5 — Bench Cushion
A salvaged cushion is covered with the homeowner's fabric.
$35 — Curtains
Handpainted curtains dress up the windows in the mudroom.
- fabric paint: Jo-Ann Fabrics — Scribbles, 17754-541130 — Shiny Butterscotch;17754-13904 — Shiny Barn Red; 17754-54139 — Shiny Black
$13 — Wire Basket
A wire basket is mounted to the wall for a convenient paper-recycling spot.
- wire basket: Target — Restore and Restyle, Vintage Romance Wire Magazine Basket 097011739
$15 — Basket
A wicker basket underneath the sink holds laundry room supplies.
- basket: T.J. Maxx — 160800
$497 — Total Cost
Michelle and TJ Murray need to get their playroom organized, and they need help.Advertisement
HGTV Inspiration Newsletter