Cocktail Umbrella Lamp
Heather Wells decorates this cylinder lamp with cocktail umbrellas to make a unique and functional art piece.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
pre-made cylinder lamp with modified base and self-adhesive shade
cocktail umbrellas with tips that have been dipped in glow in the dark paint
sharp little scissors
heat retardant spray
1. Dismantle the pre-made lamp and peel back the adhesive backing on the shade (figure A).
2. Poke a hole in the shade with scissors.
3. Trim half of the umbrella stick.
4. Insert the modified umbrella through the hole.
5. Put a few drops of glue on the stick inside the cylinder.
8. Repeat steps 1-7 until the cylinder is covered with cocktail umbrellas (figure D).
9. Glue down the parts of the umbrellas that don't lay flat.
Take a stylish stand against gloomy gray skies and messy wet floors with these umbrella stands.