Cocktail Umbrella Lamp
Heather Wells decorates this cylinder lamp with cocktail umbrellas to make a unique and functional art piece.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
pre-made cylinder lamp with modified base and self-adhesive shade
cocktail umbrellas with tips that have been dipped in glow in the dark paint
sharp little scissors
heat retardant spray
1. Dismantle the pre-made lamp and peel back the adhesive backing on the shade (figure A).
2. Poke a hole in the shade with scissors.
3. Trim half of the umbrella stick.
4. Insert the modified umbrella through the hole.
5. Put a few drops of glue on the stick inside the cylinder.
8. Repeat steps 1-7 until the cylinder is covered with cocktail umbrellas (figure D).
9. Glue down the parts of the umbrellas that don't lay flat.
Robb Whittlef shares how to make new things out of '60s and '70s table lamps. The beautiful sculptural lamp bases are perfect...