At Less Than $40, Even the Price of This Best-Selling Light Therapy Lamp Will Make You Happy
And who doesn’t need a little pick-me-up in winter?
While some people feel the effects of the changing seasons more than others, I don't know anyone whose mood isn't altered by the loss of light during winter months. One proven method of counteracting that mood change is light therapy via special lamps, and I’m a fan of this guy.
While there are a lot of light therapy options out there, I bought and love this version for a few reasons:
• It’s just enough light for me. I get what I need — a dose of happy light, as the product name suggests — but it’s not like I’m staring at a spotlight during interrogation.
• It’s not that expensive. Some light therapy lamps cost a few hundred bucks, and while they may be worth it for some, I just wanted to try it out. The under $40 price tag worked for me.
• It travels. I haven't taken it on a trip yet, but I plan on using it to help me overcome jet lag when I fly more than a couple of time zones away. It’s small, lightweight, and easy to pack.
• It’s actually kinda cute. It doesn't take up much space on a desktop, countertop, or cabinet, so it doesn’t mess with your decor.
• And apparently, it can also be good for your pets. Says Amazon reviewer Jessa (one of 1,000+ positive reviewers):
"I love this light. It makes me feel way better when it's grim and dark and wintery. It's very bright, and just what I was looking for. I guess my cat missed the sun too, because she makes a point of lying in front of it when it's on, and it makes her less grumpy. Light therapy for elderly cats: highly recommended. Light therapy for people: also recommended."
Well said, Jessa.