Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
Make our version of this classic candy using all-natural ingredients.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, unsalted and unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup melted cacao butter
- 1/2 cup cacao powder, unsweetened
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or other liquid sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Yield: 16 mini or 8 regular cups
1. Combine peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and salt in a bowl (Image 1).
2. Pour the mixture into cupcake liners in a muffin baking tin, and transfer to freezer for 30 minutes or until firm (Image 2).
3. While the peanut butter sets, make the chocolate layer. Melt the cacao butter on low heat in a saucepan (Image 3). Add the cacao powder, maple syrup, and vanilla extract, and stir until smooth (Image 4). Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
4. Pour the chocolate mixture over the peanut butter layer, and transfer to the freezer for 15 minutes or until firm (Image 1).
5. Pop out the chocolate peanut butter cups from the muffin tin, and serve or store in the freezer (Image 2).