Peppermint Patties Recipe
This recipe is perfect for the holidays and isn't as heavy on your waistline.
- 2 cups cashews, unsalted and unroasted
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup agave or other liquid sweetener
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2-3 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup melted cacao butter
- 1/2 cup cacao powder, unsweetened
- 3 tablespoons agave or other liquid sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Yield: 12 patties
1. Blend all filling ingredients until creamy in a high-speed blender, giving your blender a rest if/when needed (Image 1).
2. Line a square brownie tin (9-inch) with parchment paper (Image 2). Pour the mixture into the brownie tin, and transfer to the freezer for 3-4 hours or until firm enough to cut out circles (Image 3). Once firm, remove filling from the brownie tin and place it on another sheet of parchment paper (Image 4).
3. Use a cookie cutter or circular shaping tool to cut out even-sized circles (Image 5). Transfer back to the freezer.
4. Melt cacao butter on medium heat (Image 1). Add cacao powder and agave and stir until smooth (Image 2). Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
5. Once ready, dip the filling into the chocolate mixture using a fork or toothpick, and transfer back to the freezer to keep cold until ready to eat.