Peppermint Mocha Truffles Recipe
Indulge in these delectable peppermint mocha truffles and don't feel guilty afterwards! This healthy recipe is well worth the work and delicious.
- 2 cups cashews, unsalted and unroasted
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coffee extract
- 2-3 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup melted cacao butter
- 1/2 cup cacao powder, unsweetened
- 3 tablespoons agave or other liquid sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Blend all filling ingredients until creamy in a high-speed blender, giving your blender a rest if/when needed (Image 1).
2. Transfer the mixture to a loaf tin, and then to the freezer for 3 hours or until firm enough to scoop into balls (Image 2). Once the cream is firm, use a cookie dough scoop to roll into even-sized balls (Image 3). Transfer them back to the freezer to stay cold and firm while you prepare the chocolate filling.
3. Melt cacao butter on medium heat (Image 1). Add cacao powder and agave, and stir until smooth (Image 2). Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
4. When ready, dip the balls into the chocolate mixture using a fork or toothpick, and transfer back to the freezer to keep cold until ready to serve. Decorate as you'd like!