Rustic Tile Coffee Table
existing wrought iron coffee table – square or rectangular
ceramic accent tiles
knotty pine boards
table or circular saw
For the bottom shelf:
1. Cut pieces of knotty pine strips to the exact measurement of the bottom shelf of the table.
2. Using biscuit joiner, attach strips together using biscuits and wood glue. Allow pieces to dry.
3. Stain the wood and let dry.
4. Insert piece onto the coffee table's existing framework.
For the top shelf:
4. Cut 3/4-inch plywood to exact measurement of existing frame.
5. Determine the layout of your tile and measure each piece. Use a pencil to mark the layout on the plywood.
6. Using a tile cutter, cut travertine tiles to appropriate size and design.
7. Attach all tiles to the top of plywood using thinset.
8. Allow time for the tiles to dry. Apply sealer.