A thoughtful design detail in a two-cook kitchen is clipping the corners of an island for ease of passage. To minimize traffic, a large professional-sized refrigerator can be located outside the main work triangle.
- Two sinks and two dishwashers in a two-cook kitchen create two separate work areas, while access to the stove for each cook from different directions eliminates traffic jams.
- Two cooks require more cooking space, like a cooktop with six burners and a griddle, and three ovens (two convection ovens and a proofing oven), a warming drawer and a microwave.
- Because of the overall size and importance of the stove, the range hood can become the room’s focal point.
- There needs to be plenty of counter space in a two-cook kitchen, as well as separate cleanup areas.
- Clearance between counters should be wider than usual in a two-cook kitchen, to allow two people to pass each other easily.
- Granite makes a durable surface that will hold up to the wear and tear of extra cooks.
- A separate beverage refrigerator in a different area cuts down on traffic in the main work triangle.