Outdoor Kitchen Islands
The outdoor cook often faces indoor dilemmas. He or she would love more countertop space for prep work and would relish the opportunity to be more social, even when tied to the grill during cooking, cleaning or entertaining.
Enter the outdoor kitchen island, which offers the same benefits as its indoor counterpart.
Help the outdoor chef be more social by incorporating breakfast bar-type seating at the outdoor kitchen island; consider customizing or purchasing a pre-designed kitchen island with built-in appliances like a sink and a grill; and add enough countertop space to make even the indoor cook envious.
Outdoor kitchen islands, in fact, have become centers of entertainment in recent years, thanks to built-in luxuries like beverage coolers, ice makers and bar caddies, or smokers, rotisseries, searing centers and pizza ovens. It's all about creating a quality outdoor experience—just like indoors—so get creative with your design choices and options.
- 7 of Our Favorite Outdoor Cooking and Dining Areas
- Outdoor Kitchen Cabinet Ideas
- Outdoor Kitchens: Grilling and Chilling in the Great Backyard
- Outdoor Kitchens: 10 Tips for Better Design
- 12 Outdoor Kitchens That Will Get You Outside
- Selecting Outdoor Kitchen Flooring