Outdoor Kitchen Ideas
What are the elements of your dream outdoor kitchen? Are you looking for a high-end installation for entertaining, or would a more modest setup suit your needs?
Whether it's as elaborate as an outdoor kitchen bar that can accommodate eight for dinner (and a flat-screen for watching the big game) or as simple as a built-in grill with extra countertop and storage space, selecting durable materials that can withstand the elements is key.
Before delving deep into the details, though, you'll want to maintain a balance between your desires and your needs (translation: establish a budget!)—and create a layout that will maximize functionality, from plumbing or electrical systems to lighting and seating.
Also consider the types of tasks that could be "outsourced" to the outside—storing and washing dishes and other equipment, prep work like chopping and marinating, or cooking sauces on a side burner.
Beyond cooking, other outdoor kitchen ideas that shine: beverage coolers, ice makers and beer taps; warming drawers, side smokers and pizza ovens—even dishwashers and vent hoods.
- Create a Budget Outdoor Kitchen With These 10 Finds
- 7 of Our Favorite Outdoor Cooking and Dining Areas
- Outdoor Kitchens: Grilling and Chilling in the Great Backyard
- Selecting Outdoor Kitchen Flooring
- Outdoor Kitchens: 10 Tips for Better Design
- 12 Outdoor Kitchens That Will Get You Outside