Let Natural Light Shine in the Kitchen
Using outdoor light is a great way to bring some warmth into your kitchen.
Here are five ideas to bring in natural light into your kitchen:
- Skylights are a fantastic way to bring in natural light. Designer DeWitt Talmadge Beall says skylights are effective because as the sun moves through the space, the light moves through the house creating visual interest and movement throughout.
- An all-glass retractable wall will bring in a bevy of sunlight.
- Garden windows let the light shine in while creating room for growing often-used herbs.
- Glass French doors can bring light to a breakfast area.
- "Ghost" glass transmits sunlight and casts a shadow that changes throughout the day, adding depth and a touch of softness.
Is your kitchen or bath dark and dreary? A skylight will not only brighten up the room, but add an architectural element as well.
Austin-based architect Hugh Jefferson Randolph shares creative ways to bring more natural light into your home, no matter the architectural challenges.
Big ideas for large kitchen windows that reach out to the landscape and bring in natural light and views.
Steve Watson and crew show how to bring light into a bedroom with a new arched window installation.
Basement window wells are perfect for allowing a little sunshine into the lower level of a home. Take these steps to ensure proper installation or preservation of an existing window well.
Kitchen windows are a point of style and a strategic way to transform the overall look and feel of your space.
Things to keep in mind when considering kitchen window ideas.
Custom kitchen windows can dramatically enhance a kitchen's appeal, value and design.
Kitchen window ideas for small windows.
Adding stained glass kitchen windows will increase the value of your time spent in the kitchen.