Adding Molding to an Old Nightstand
Materials and Tools:
chop (miter) saw
1. Start with the bottom framework. Cut the baseboard molding into three pieces to wrap around the base of the nightstand. Cut the pieces at a 45-degree angle so you’ll have mitered joints.
2. Nail pine around the front and two sides of the bottom of the nightstands.
3. Attach the pine to the sides of each nightstand to give them a recessed-panel look. Measure the width and height of each side. The molding will sit on top of the baseboard molding you just attached.
3. Miter cut pine at a 45-degree angle.
5. Nail molding to each side of the nightstand.
6. Paint or stain as desired.
7. Add new hardware.