5 Easy Bathroom Upgrades You Can Do in a Weekend
Give your bathroom a fresh look with these easy project ideas.
Taking inspiration from Jenn Todryk, the queen of budget-friendly, quick-turnaround makeovers, we came up with five easy bathroom upgrades you can do in a weekend. These simple updates don't require any demo but will make a huge difference in a short amount of time. Whether you're after a charming farmhouse look or something classic with a modern twist, we found seriously stylish upgrades at Walmart. Get inspired to revamp your bathroom with our helpful tips and on-trend product picks.
Our Best Tips for Easily Adding Style to Your Bathroom
- Focus on one area at a time. Don't try to take on too much at once or you'll get overwhelmed and spend way more than you planned.
- Start with simple fixes. Depending on your skillset, replacing knobs and hardware or painting the walls may be the easiest tasks for you to tackle first giving you a sense of accomplishment and motivation to finish the rest of the room.
- Come prepared. Avoid multiple trips to the hardware store by making sure you have all the appropriate tools before shopping.
- Measure! Perhaps the most important tip of all is to make sure you buy enough material for your space and that your beautiful, new accessory will fit.
- Take breaks. Step back and appreciate your progress. This not only gives you a minute to rest but also allows you to note any mistakes or changes you want to make before going any further.
Shop our bathroom redo must-haves that make a major impact without adding stress.
Replace Light Fixtures
Not only will changing light fixtures dramatically improve the look of your space, but it will improve the functionality, too. When possible, opt for diffused light that won't create shadows. Exposed bulbs are fine if your space gets lots of natural light or has another diffused light source.
Switch Out Mirrors
Breathe fresh, new life into a tired bathroom by installing a framed mirror or two. This gives your bathroom a more intentional, homey look that immediately sets the tone for the rest of your renovation.
Add Patterned Floor Tiles
No demo required! Stick-on vinyl tiles are an easy, mess-free way to temporarily elevate a bathroom. Italian-inspired motifs look so luxe while classic styles, like hexagon tile or woodgrain, have timeless appeal.
This subtle but simple switch could make all the difference in your day-to-day life. If a loose knob or leaky shower head constantly causes you grief, a practical and aesthetic upgrade like installing new hardware will be more than worth your time and money.
Spruce Up the Walls
Whether you choose to paint or apply wallpaper (or both!), you'll immediately see a satisfying difference in your previously drab bathroom after refreshing the walls. Go for a full-on spa feel with tile-look wallpaper or paint your vanity cabinets a lively shade of yellow to add interest.