Zone 2: Deciduous Trees
These deciduous trees flourish in gardening zone two.
- Ash, mountain (Sorbus, especially S. americana)
- Aspen, quaking (Populus tremuloides)
- Chokecherry, Amur (Prunus maackii)
- Chokecherry, common (Prunus virginana)
- Crabapple (Malus), selected cultivars such as 'Dolgo'
- Oak, pin (Quercus palustris)
- Paper birch, canoe birch, white birch (Betula papyrifera)
- Poplar, balsam (P. balsamifera)
Learn more about the USDA hardiness zone map and how to use it.
Find remedies for common pine tree problems to keep them looking beautiful for years to come.
Add this small shade tree to your landscape for year-round interest.
Disease-resistant varieties cut down on the amount of spraying.
Knowing the local climate is the first step in understanding hardiness and hardiness zones.