Cozy Up This Winter With Kate Beckinsale's Favorite Electric Tea Kettle
British-born actress Beckinsale loves the convenience of this electric tea kettle on chilly English nights.
As a representative for the top-selling UK brand of Russell Hobbs appliances, glamorous actress Kate Beckinsale (Love & Friendship, Underworld, Pearl Harbor) has dived into the entertaining and lifestyle realm with a vengeance. Wearing that lifestyle hat, Beckinsale has some great tips for entertaining and home decor you can try in your own space this holiday season.
KATE'S HOME ENTERTAINING TIPS
- I always like to bring a personalized sweet treat to thank the hostess of a party I’m attending. Cookies or M&Ms monogrammed with the hostess’s initials always do the trick! Some of the snacks I’d put out are a sliced baguette which I toast and place next to a variety of cheeses and spreads.
- Use a playlist generating service such as Spotify or Pandora for some background music to match the mood, theme or atmosphere of your get-together.
- A common way to make overnight guests in the U.K. feel right at home is by leaving a filled hot water bottle next to their bed. It’s warm and cozy. Editor's note: try this charming British tradition in your home for the holidays.
- Put out small dishes and finger foods to keep people snacking, which in turn creates a central location for conversation to be held.
HOME STYLING & DECOR TIPS FROM KATE
- I like to use temporary wallpaper in a colorful print to help liven up a room. The best part is that it’s removable, so I can easily switch things up when it’s time for a change.
- Don’t be afraid to take risks - make a statement with your interior whether it’s a pop of wallpaper on a single wall, an oversized chandelier, or a vintage lounge chair. Throwing in an unexpected piece will assert your personal taste and give a focal point to the room.
- Take 90% of things off your countertops and store them for a clean looking, fresh kitchen.
- Leave an element or two undone so that your space looks lived in and there’s a mussed up, cozy and inviting feel.
Teal Poppy Wallpaper
Wallpaper is back, and we love all the fun colors and designs you can add to a room with its repetitious patterns. Designer Stacy Garcia created this chic poppy design as the perfect backdrop for any contemporary living space. The bold teal pattern allows the furnishings to remain modest while it takes center stage. Do you fear a permanent wallpaper solution? Try something temporary and easy to remove to adapt to your ever-changing tastes. Image courtesy of Stacy Garcia