Sterling Silver Wishbone Earrings
Materials and Tools:
2 feet 14-gauge sterling silver wire
1 foot 22-gauge sterling silver wire
Scotchbrite finishing pads
anvil or metal block
1. Bend the entire piece of thinner wire into an arc. Measure out similar lengths of the thicker gauge of wire. Clip them as you go.
2. Pound out each piece, top and bottom, front and back. Awl each piece on one end to guide the drill. Drill where the awl marks are.
3. File the tops a little. Finish the pieces with Scotchbrite.
4. Bend the smaller gauge wire into a kidney shape with a small hook on one end. Do this twice and match them. Bend the bottom of these.
5. Pound the lower portion where the hook will catch. Awl the ends where the hook is and drill with a .07 mm drill bit. Finish with Scotchbrite.
6. Put the drilled dangle pieces on the earwire, doing it in an equal and opposite way, thinking about how they will look on both ears. It should be largest first, smallest next and medium last.