Pine Cone Ornament for Your Christmas Tree
Materials and Tools:
turquoise metallic paint
1/4" turquoise ribbon
large gold beads
iridescent micro beads
hot glue gun and glue sticks
Tacky Glue or other clear-drying glue
1. Paint the tips on one side of the pinecone with turquoise paint. Rest on unpainted side and allow to dry.
2. Paint the other side of the pinecone and allow to dry.
3. While pinecone is drying, cut ribbon into an eight-inch piece. Cut ribbon end into a sharp angle and feed it through the hole in gold bead and knot it.
4. To create a ribbon loop for hanging the pine cone, feed ribbon back through bead and knot. Clean up the ribbon's ends by cutting off any excess.
5. Attach beaded ribbon hanger to top of pine cone with hot glue.
6. Finish decorating ornament by dabbing Tacky Glue or any other clear drying glue onto the painted pine cone tips. Sprinkle micro beads onto glue to add an iridescent snow-like sparkle to your pine cone ornament.
7. Display completed ornament on Christmas tree or as a festive natural touch on wrapped gifts.