Mosaic Garden Edging
Project by Judy Sell from Stillwater, Minn., www.judysell.com
Materials and Tools:
cake decorating bag for adhesive
poured cement garden edging
tile adhesive (thinset for the outdoors)
assorted tiles and household dishes
craft glass droplets
terracotta colored sanded grout
1. Purchase poured cement garden edging from a home improvement store.
2. Mix up the outdoor tile adhesive according to package instructions. It comes in two parts, liquid and powder.
3. Break tiles and dishes into manageable pieces. Plan a pattern.
4. Spread a thick coat of adhesive onto the exposed section of the garden edging.
5. Push the tiles and glass craft droplets into the tile adhesive, leaving room for the grout.
6. Let dry three days.
7. Mix sanded grout according to the directions on the package.
8. Push the sanded grout into to spaces between the tiles. Apply a thin coat of sanded grout to cover original cement edging.
9. Wipe off any grout on the tiles. Let grout dry three days.
10. Seal with grout sealer.