Make a Faux-Fur Throw
Cuddle up to the latest faux-fur fabrics with this throw project.
Materials and Tools:
nice-quality faux-fur fabric cut to desired size of finished throw
yardage of fabric cut to a slightly smaller size for backing?silk, cotton or velvet
fabric glue or hot-glue gun and fabric-glue sticks
button covering kit for large buttons
red dupioni silk
- Place wrong sides of the faux fur and backing fabric together. Center the smaller backing piece on top of the piece of faux fur, and pin around the edges to hold them in place.
- Fold the overlapping faux fabric onto backing. The overlap should be about 1 1/2 inches. Hot-glue the two pieces together on three sides.
- Trim off the tips of the corners to prevent bunching when you fold over the throw.
- Insert a comforter into the open side if you’re planning to use it as a duvet. If you’re planning to use it as a throw, hot-glue the fourth side together.
- If desired, add buttons for interest. Use a button covering kit for large buttons, and cover with red dupioni silk following the instructions on the kit.
- Use hook-and-loop tape to create the impression of buttoning the edge over.