How to Paint a Pattern on a Tabletop
HGTV Magazine shows you how to transform past-their-prime pieces using paint.
- Paint the tabletop white. Let dry.
- Paint the frame black. Let dry.
- Click here for a guide that shows how we marked off our table. Tape off the table with delicate-surface painter’s tape so you can paint the first set of stripes, as shown in step 2. Paint the stripes. Remove the tape while the paint is still wet. Let dry.
- Tape off the table to paint the second set of stripes, as shown in step 3. Paint those stripes. Remove the tape while the paint is still wet. Let dry.
- Tape off the table so you can paint black triangles where each set of stripes overlaps, as shown in steps 4 and 5. Paint those triangles black. Remove the tape while the paint is still wet. Let dry.
Add a fun and playful element to any room with an easy-to-create wall mural.
Add an accent piece that doubles as storage in two easy steps.
Add a stylish touch to a room by painting a diamond pattern onto a wood floor.
Give your walls the character they crave.
Liven up accessories by painting stripes on them with these step-by-step instructions.
Finish concrete slabs or pavers with several colors of stain to create a faux stone tabletop.
Goodbye bland, hello bold!
Follow these steps from HGTV Magazine to create this fun DIY painting project.
The look of weathered wood siding adds simple texture to walls by just using two colors of paint.
Learn how to apply popcorn-textured ceiling paint with a hopper gun in this home improvement project.