How to Make a Silver Heart Ring
Materials and tools:
sterling silver sheet
10-gauge sterling round wire
mini brass screws
ring sizing anvil
- Saw two rectangular pieces out of sterling silver. Saw flame design out of the gold sheet.
- Draw heart pattern on the middle of one of the rectangles. Saw the heart out.
- File heart. File and sand gold flame.
- Texture gold with hammer.
- Measure finger with a ring sizer.
- Form 10-gauge wire around ring anvil at size measured for band.
- Cut and file band.
- Clean metal with steel wool, flux and solder band to the solid rectangle. Fuse gold flames to the other rectangle (with the heart cut out).
- Mark and drill holes at each corner.
- Sand with 220-grit sandpaper.
- Cut out a piece of sharkskin to fit in the middle of the two metal pieces.
- Rivet pieces together with brass mini screws.
Lauren Morlock, Florida