How to Make a Retro Serving Tray
Materials and Tools:
recycled glass tray
non-toxic sealant (Mod-Podge)
- Cut a piece of retro designed fabric slightly larger than the glass tray.
- Apply a thin coat of sealant with a brush to the back of the tray.
- Lay the fabric over the sealant.
- Carefully press the fabric onto the sealant until smooth.
- Cut off excess fabric with scissors.
- Place sealant on the edges and smooth the fabric over the edges. Let dry for an hour.
- Apply a coat of sealant on the back of the fabric. Let dry for an hour.
- Carefully cut the fabric off the edges with a craft knife.
- Sand the back of the fabric with sandpaper.
- Apply a coat of sealant over the back of the fabric. Let dry.
- Alternate coats of sealant with sandpapering until there are five coats of sealant on the back of the retro serving tray.
- Smooth all the edges with a craft knife.
- Apply a coat of non-toxic varnish. Let dry for a few hours.
- Lightly sandpaper the fabric.
- Apply a second coat of non-toxic varnish to the fabric side of the retro tray.