How to Make a Gold Glitter Stenciled Pillow
HGTV Magazine is mad for metallic! Bring gilded glam to your life with this easy DIY.
Alison Gootee/Studio D
1. Click here to download the ampersand template, and print it onto an 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of paper.
2. Cut a piece of freezer paper to about the same size as your pillow. Lay the paper on top of the ampersand printout with the shiny side down. Trace the ampersand onto the freezer paper with a pencil (Fig. A).
3. Cut out the ampersand with a crafts knife (Fig. B) and discard it, but cut out and keep the two center sections. They‘ll be your stencil, along with the remaining paper.
4. Stick a piece of cardboard inside a pillow cover to keep it flat. Using medium heat, iron the stencil, including the ampersand’s center sections, onto the pillow cover (Fig. C).
5. Using glitter spray paint, fill in the stencil. Remove the stencil while the paint is still wet, using tweezers for the ampersand’s center sections. Let dry.