How to Make a Gingko Leaf Journal Cover
Materials and Tools:
12-20 pressed leaves, depending on the size
Fossil Leaf Journal "large" #69022
Beacon's Liquid Laminate
antiqued gold or copper acrylic paints
- Remove the fossil leaf from the front and back of the journal.
- Paint a small area on the front of the journal and cover with Liquid Laminate.
- Apply Liquid Laminate to the back of a leaf and press it into the laminate on the journal. Continue putting the leaves on the outside of the journal, working in small areas at a time until you have the design you want.
- Apply another coat of laminate over all the leaves, pressing them in place as you work. Let dry overnight.
- When the cover is dry, pick all the leaves off the cover. They will crumble and tear. This is fine; just make sure all the leaf material is removed.
- Paint with metallic paint on a small area of the journal cover.
- With a small sponge, wipe some of the paint away, leaving just the leaf impression painted.
- Continue until the leaves are all highlighted. Embellish as desired.