How to Make a Flat Marble Art Necklace
Materials and Tools:
gouache paint, various colors
Epson matte paper heavyweight
flat glass marbles
20-gauge stainless steel wire
heavy-duty multi-purpose adhesive
paper towels or rags
black acrylic paint
24-gauge copper wire
- Draw your art piece on paper.
- Paint the piece with gouache and let dry.
- Scan the art into the computer.
- Size the art in a computer program to 1-1/2-inch square. Make any adjustments you like.
- Print the art piece out on heavy-duty matte paper.
- Cut the piece out to fit behind the glass marble.
- Glue the art onto the back of the marble and let dry.
- Cut 1-1/2 inch stainless steel wire piece and twist to make a loop.
- Attach this loop to the back of the marble with heavy duty adhesive.
- Allow to dry overnight or in the oven set on warm.
- Clean glass with glass cleaner.
- Paint back with black paint and allow to dry.
- Use copper wire to attach to loop for adding beads.
- Stack beads onto the copper wire as desired.
- Finish by making a loop at the end of the wire.
- Cut ribbon to 20 inches or desired length.
- Apply Fray Check to the ends of the ribbon to prevent unraveling.
- Lace ribbon through the loop at the end of the beads.