How to Make a DIY Holiday Garland
Show off your holiday spirit with this fun DIY project from HGTV Magazine.
- Click here to download the letter templates. Print out the templates.
- Hot-glue two 8-inch-by-11-inch sheets of felt together in each color. (Doubling up the felt allows for thicker letters that won’t curl up when they’re hung.)
- Tape the letter templates to the felt sheets, and cut out the letters. If you’re making two letters the same color, you can fit both templates on one felt sheet.
- Cut clear plastic drinking straws into 1-inch pieces, and hot-glue them to the top edges of the back of the letters, making sure the straws are not visible from the front.
- Starting with the letter M, string mini tinsel garland through the straws for hanging.