How to Create a Window Frame Photo Collage
Materials and Tools:
reclaimed wooden window frame with glass panes
mat paper cutter or knife and straight-edge ruler
photo-quality mat paper
plywood backer board (cut to fit inside each pane)
saw or scissors (for cutting backer boards)
bendable metal photo frame clips/tabs
1. Select a paned window with panes that are roughly the same dimensions as your photos. Distress the panes by sanding.
2. Play with arranging the photos into the panes to decide the preferred grouping.
3. Cut mat board to frame each photo and then tape the photos to the back of the mat board. Insert matted photos into the individual window panes.
4. Cut out 1/4-inch thick backing boards to hold photos in place of each frame. Use the back side of the window as it is less dense and will accommodate the thin backing snuggly.
5. Place backing boards into each pane directly behind the matted photos.
6. Staple metal tabs in place to firmly secure each backing board. The clips can be easily bent to switch out photos.