Holiday Accents Made From Household Items
Unique ideas for decorating for the holidays by repurposing materials you already have around the home.
- To make a snowman, drill holes into a dessert, salad and dinner plate using a ceramic drill bit and attach each with wire. Hot-glue buttons onto the plates to create the face and stitch a piece of fabric into a cone shape for the hat.
- Sandwich a card between two pieces of Plexiglas cut to the size of the card. Secure the edges with metallic tape then hot-glue wire to the top for a hanger.
- Decoupage black and white copies of family photographs onto round ornaments.
- To make a pine cone garland, drill holes through each and string with floral wire. Alternate the cones with gold-painted craft beads for a more elegant decoration.
- Place decals on a glass candleholder and apply a layer of etching compound to create a stenciled design.
- Turn an antler into a candlestick by drilling directly into the antler, attaching candle cups and applying silver leaf.
Show your holiday spirit without busting your budget with these ideas.
Follow these steps to make your own no-sew Victorian-inspired cone-shaped stocking to hold Christmas goodies.
In just a few steps, turn wooden clothespins into beautiful snowflake tree ornaments. This is a great project for older children to tackle on their own or for small kids with help from a crafty adult.
Easily create iridescent pine cone ornaments to decorate a Christmas tree or to add a festive touch to wrapped gifts.
Create a Christmas Rose Pomander to add fragrance and an elegant touch to your holiday decorations.
Embellish an evergreen garland with frosty tones of silver and pink to add a whimsical touch to your Christmas decorations.
Breathe new life into last year's holiday cards by reinventing them as this season's Christmas tree garland.
Designer Casey Noble shows how to bring the look and feel of a Christmas tree to a small space by creating a wall-mounted version using MDF trim and fabric.
With a set of alphabet stamps and bakeable clay, your favorite holiday saying can become a modern, colorful ornament.
Dress up your walls, banisters or doors this holiday season with handmade felt poinsettias.