Holiday Accents Made From Household Items
Unique ideas for decorating for the holidays by repurposing materials you already have around the home.
- To make a snowman, drill holes into a dessert, salad and dinner plate using a ceramic drill bit and attach each with wire. Hot-glue buttons onto the plates to create the face and stitch a piece of fabric into a cone shape for the hat.
- Sandwich a card between two pieces of Plexiglas cut to the size of the card. Secure the edges with metallic tape then hot-glue wire to the top for a hanger.
- Decoupage black and white copies of family photographs onto round ornaments.
- To make a pine cone garland, drill holes through each and string with floral wire. Alternate the cones with gold-painted craft beads for a more elegant decoration.
- Place decals on a glass candleholder and apply a layer of etching compound to create a stenciled design.
- Turn an antler into a candlestick by drilling directly into the antler, attaching candle cups and applying silver leaf.
For a kitchen backsplash idea with style and a low price tag, consider vinyl tile. This project shows you how to create a backsplash design out of vinyl tiles.
Before you deck the halls, see which holiday decor can help you sell.
Set the mood for your holiday cocktail party with a glitzy invitation. Start with our printable template, then add sparkling embellishments.