Holiday Accents Made From Household Items
Unique ideas for decorating for the holidays by repurposing materials you already have around the home.
- To make a snowman, drill holes into a dessert, salad and dinner plate using a ceramic drill bit and attach each with wire. Hot-glue buttons onto the plates to create the face and stitch a piece of fabric into a cone shape for the hat.
- Sandwich a card between two pieces of Plexiglas cut to the size of the card. Secure the edges with metallic tape then hot-glue wire to the top for a hanger.
- Decoupage black and white copies of family photographs onto round ornaments.
- To make a pine cone garland, drill holes through each and string with floral wire. Alternate the cones with gold-painted craft beads for a more elegant decoration.
- Place decals on a glass candleholder and apply a layer of etching compound to create a stenciled design.
- Turn an antler into a candlestick by drilling directly into the antler, attaching candle cups and applying silver leaf.
Breathe new life into last year's holiday cards by reinventing them as this season's Christmas tree garland.
With a set of alphabet stamps and bakeable clay, your favorite holiday saying can become a modern, colorful ornament.
Create playful Christmas stockings out of faux fur.
Snowflakes, greenery and a twig wreath bring a beautiful winter wonderland to your front door.
Stylishly bring the outdoors in by creating a garland made of small pinecones and red yarn, then drape it over your mantel, Christmas tree, or down the length of the dining table for an understated festive touch.
Nothing says "Happy Holidays" like a batch of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. Package them in our clever tin that doubles as a holiday greeting card for a thoughtful (and tasty!) homemade gift.
Transform an old frame into an Advent calendar or a holiday message board.
Spread the holiday cheer to your front porch with this easy-to-decorate mini Christmas tree. A few handmade touches make it special.
Create a stylish and dramatic holiday front door wreath for welcoming your guests.