Easy Christmas Craft: Decoupage Angels
- 1 foam figurine (for each angel – if you can’t find a figurine you can glue a foam ball on to a foam cone)
- flesh-tone acrylic paint and small brush
- doll hair
- decorative craft or origami paper
- 4 feathers (2 for each angel)
- fine tip black marker
- glue gun
- optional: ribbon, paper flowers and miniature pearls
Start at the Head
Paint the Styrofoam head with flesh-toned acrylic. This project used Titanium buff straight from the tube.
Add Hair and Features
Glue on the doll's hair and draw in the eyes and lips with a felt-tip pen.
Prepare Angel’s Skirt and Wings
Cut an underskirt and two wings to the size of the Styrofoam cone using the decorative craft paper.
Combine Skirt Layers
Cut an overskirt without the tab from the decorative paper and glue the skirts together. Wrap the skirt around the foam body and glue down the tab to secure.
Glue on the wings and punch two holes with an awl. Coat feather stem with glue and push into the hole.
This step is optional, but for this project a pearl necklace was added along with some ribbon trim to the skirt base and fussy-cut flowers to the overskirt. Cover up any gaps in the back by gluing on a strip of ribbon.