Displaying a Dried Wreath
Show off your wreath with these far-from-dry ideas.
Dried wreaths can be used indoors all year long. Hanging them on the wall is only one of many options:
- Placing the right wreath in the right spot can make the difference from its going unnoticed to becoming a focal point for a room. Make sure it has plenty of room and is not too large or too small for its space. Try hanging several wreaths together in a large space.
- Wreaths can be hung over a door, on a door (especially nice if using two wreaths on double doors), or just beside a door for a wonderful accent.
- Another way to hang wreaths is to place them in a window, where they might take the place of a window treatment.
- Wreaths can be hung together in groups. They don't all have to be the same size or shape, but they should balance each other.
- A bay leaf wreath can be both decorative and practical in the kitchen, where its leaves can be used in cooking.
- Not all wreaths are round; some are square or heart-shaped.
- A good way to clean wreaths is to set a hair dryer on low and blow directly on the wreath. This will remove accumulated dust.
Who says wreaths have to be lush with evergreen leaves? For a fiesta-inspired party, take a trip south of the border by creating a colorful wreath using bright and festive paper flowers.
To amp up your holiday curb appeal designer Dan Faires makes a larger-than-life outdoor snowman from evergreen wreaths and basic lumber.
Add a modern twist to a traditional, fall grapevine wreath with felted ball stems, an abstract yarn pattern and classic flint corn.
Get tips for arranging accessories into a gorgeous still life that creates a mood and makes your room look polished and pulled together.
Spruce up those windows to make your kitchen more attractive with six easy-to-do ideas.
Little treasures -- from antique spoons to unique flea-market finds -- can be a decorating windfall. The Funky Shui sisters show you how to decorate with souvenirs.
Don’t stop with an Oriental rug — finish the look with furniture and accessories.
The crafting experts at HGTV Magazine show you how to dress your door with a different easy-to-make wreath every month.
Display your collectibles beautifully with these simple tips.
Follow these tips, and with a little persistence you can find some real treasures at your local flea market.