Stylish Dish-Towel Accents
Use colorful dish towels to liven up a country-style kitchen.
- To make a coaster, color-copy your favorite towel, cut out a circle and glue it to the underside of a clear coaster.
- Wrap a plain white jar with a color copy of your favorite towel and secure with a piece of double-sided tape.
- A vintage-style plate is easy to make; paint the underside of the rim with acrylic paint and glue on a color copy of a colorful towel.
- Decorate a plain shelf by cutting a dish towel in half and laying the pretty border over the side. Keep it in place with double-stick tape.
- Found the perfect pattern on a dish towel, but want it as a runner? Make your own by simply ironing the towels together with no-sew fusing.
- Create the look of a colorful towel on a tabletop by striping it with acrylic paints. Use low-tack painter's tape to ensure straight lines. Seal with a water-based polyurethane to protect the finish.
Sew your own round floor-length tablecloth to suit any occasion with these step-by-step instructions.
Card tables are convenient to use when entertaining over the holidays, but they can be eyesores. A simple slipcover that is fitted and washable (not to mention pretty) is the perfect solution.
It's amazing what painter's tape, some patience and pretty paint colors can achieve. The finished artwork will look like a modern canvas straight out of a museum.
Can't find that perfect lamp? Follow these instructions to make your own lamp.
Make a one-of-a-kind silk scarf with painted flowers in bright red, pink and orange.
Learn how to mold a functional and creative ceramic rose clutch vase.
Add a little patriotic flair to your summer get-together with this no-sew red, white and blue tablecloth made out of bandanas.
Weave quilling paper around a self-adhesive shade to create a one-of-a-kind lamp that fits in any room.
Use seashell souvenirs from previous beach vacations to decorate candles, glasses and appetizers at your next dinner party.
Give plain glass votives a trendy mercury glass makeover with mirror-effect spray paint. The antique-looking votives lend a sparkling glow to a table setting, mantel, coffee table — or anywhere.