Stylish Dish-Towel Accents
Use colorful dish towels to liven up a country-style kitchen.
- To make a coaster, color-copy your favorite towel, cut out a circle and glue it to the underside of a clear coaster.
- Wrap a plain white jar with a color copy of your favorite towel and secure with a piece of double-sided tape.
- A vintage-style plate is easy to make; paint the underside of the rim with acrylic paint and glue on a color copy of a colorful towel.
- Decorate a plain shelf by cutting a dish towel in half and laying the pretty border over the side. Keep it in place with double-stick tape.
- Found the perfect pattern on a dish towel, but want it as a runner? Make your own by simply ironing the towels together with no-sew fusing.
- Create the look of a colorful towel on a tabletop by striping it with acrylic paints. Use low-tack painter's tape to ensure straight lines. Seal with a water-based polyurethane to protect the finish.
Sew your own round floor-length tablecloth to suit any occasion with these step-by-step instructions.
Card tables are convenient to use when entertaining over the holidays, but they can be eyesores. A simple slipcover that is fitted and washable (not to mention pretty) is the perfect solution.
Rustic burlap is given new life as a sophisticated holiday table runner with the addition of pleated trim and hand-painted details.
Designer Casey Noble dresses up a holiday table with a homemade monogrammed table runner made with simple sewing supplies and paint.
'Solar power' lends a hand in this dyeing project.
Recycle a favorite pair of boots into a fun and funky bag with these simple steps.
Classic white napkins can easily be dressed up for special holidays with a stencil and washable fabric paint. The creative options and themes are limitless.
Can't find that perfect lamp? Follow these instructions to make your own lamp.
Make a one-of-a-kind silk scarf with painted flowers in bright red, pink and orange.
It's amazing what painter's tape, some patience and pretty paint colors can achieve. The finished artwork will look like a modern canvas straight out of a museum.