Stylish Dish-Towel Accents
Use colorful dish towels to liven up a country-style kitchen.
- To make a coaster, color-copy your favorite towel, cut out a circle and glue it to the underside of a clear coaster.
- Wrap a plain white jar with a color copy of your favorite towel and secure with a piece of double-sided tape.
- A vintage-style plate is easy to make; paint the underside of the rim with acrylic paint and glue on a color copy of a colorful towel.
- Decorate a plain shelf by cutting a dish towel in half and laying the pretty border over the side. Keep it in place with double-stick tape.
- Found the perfect pattern on a dish towel, but want it as a runner? Make your own by simply ironing the towels together with no-sew fusing.
- Create the look of a colorful towel on a tabletop by striping it with acrylic paints. Use low-tack painter's tape to ensure straight lines. Seal with a water-based polyurethane to protect the finish.
Don't let your house go to the dogs and the cats. Follow these tips and you can have a beautiful home that's pet-friendly.
If you think bugs and insects are cute not scary, you're in luck. Bugs are an up-and-coming design trend, and we've tracked down 10 of our fave pieces that you need RN.
Give new life to a hand-me-down headboard with elegant upholstered panels.
Unique ideas for decorating for the holidays by repurposing materials you already have around the home.
Learn how to build a simple dry-stacked stone wall and patio.
Add a dazzling accent to a wall with our decorating ideas for an easy-to-apply gold leaf.
Bring rustic, repurposed charm to your deck or porch with shipping pallets and cushions.
Designer Rebecca Lindquist wanted to make this family’s kitchen more than just the sum of its parts by making it a useful space with custom designs, a coffered ceiling and copper sinks.
Designer Michael Abrams provided a much needed makeover for this outdated room.