Create a Garden Cement Leaf
Materials and Tools:
shallow rectangular pan
1. Collect some large leaves.
2. Shape a mound of damp sand in a shallow rectangular pan to support the leaf.
3. Place the leaf upside down on the mound of sand and cut the thick end of the stem out.
4. Place a section of another leaf over the end of the first leaf where the stem was removed.
5. Mix patch cement according to the label directions.
6. Wearing rubber gloves, pat cement over the leaf to a thickness of about 1/2 inch thick.
7. Wait at least 24 hours before removing the leaf. The cement leaf needs to set well.
8. Lift the cement cast leaf off the sand. Peel off the real leaf and brush off all the sand.
9. Paint the cement with cool color metallic paints inside and out. Let dry.
10. Epoxy seashells on the bowl part of the leaf.
11. Seal the entire leaf with water-based varnish. Let dry.
12. Place the cement leaf in the garden and enjoy.