Christmas Rose Pomander
Materials and Tools:
4" plastic foam ball
35 - 40 scented potpourri roses
1 foot of 2" wide red wired ribbon
red floral spray paint
spray glue (such as Super 77)
hot glue gun
hot glue sticks
1. For this project, we were unable to locate red scented potpourri roses, so we painted white roses red with floral spray paint.
Allow painted roses to dry thoroughly.
2. Spray the center of rose with spray glue, concentrating on the rose's center.
Before glue can dry, sprinkle on glitter. Repeat these steps to add a bit of sparkle to all of the roses.
3. Loop ribbon around base of plastic foam ball, fold the longer piece back and tie to shorter piece, making a tight knot at the base to create a looped hanger. Trim excess edges of the ribbon.
4. Apply hot glue generously to the bottom of glittered potpourri rose.
Glue onto plastic foam ball, near the ribbon.
5. Continue gluing roses to ball, spacing them tightly together, until the plastic foam ball is completely covered.
6. Hang on Christmas tree or suspend from chandelier or door handle. Tip: If the potpourri roses lose their scent during the holiday season, simply add scented oil to freshen them up.