Chillingly Chic Chair Wraps
Materials and Tools:
60-inch wide velvet, 5 yards total
floral wire or wire twist ties
1. Fold velvet in half, with finished side in and back visible. Smooth any lumps and pin edges so fabric can't shift.
2. With yard stick and fabric chalk, divide the width (60 inches) of fabric into thirds, making a mark every 20 inches.
3. Following your chalk lines, cut the fabric into three long strips, each should measure 20 inches wide by 90 inches or 2½-yards long. Cut across the fold and you now have six chair wraps.
4. Wrap the fabric around the front of the chair and bring the velvet together in the back of the chair at the center. Making sure that each tail is the same length, hold the fabric and wrap with a piece of wire. Tuck the wire's end into the velvet so that it doesn't show.
5. To keep the wrap from shifting on the chair, secure it with small strips of double-sided tape added to the chair's splat and back.
6. For the finishing touch, add a chandelier crystal. For a variation, you could tie with a coordinating ribbon and add silk flowers or add a bit of nostalgic glitz by pinning a vintage brooch onto each wrap.