Autumn Rose Centerpiece
Project designed by Annabelle Keller, CPD, SCD. Provided by DOW and Krylon.
Materials and Tools:
KRYLON Make It Stone! metallic textured paint #8262 copper
KRYLON Make It Last! clear coat sealer
approx. 8" tall urn with 4-3/4" opening
5" diameter balls STYROFOAM brand foam
12 1" diameter balls STYROFOAM brand foam
1" x 12" x 18" sheet STYROFOAM brand foam
12 bamboo skewers
approx. 30 autumn-colored 2-1/2" diameter silk roses
cardboard box spray booth *
newspapers or plastic sheet to cover work surface
Aleene's Ultimate Glue Gun with side-cut nozzle
* Turn a cardboard box on its side to create a spray booth to contain overspray when spray painting.
1. Spray urn with copper Make It Stone! metallic textured paint. Allow to dry.
2. Spray with Make It Last! clear coat sealer. Allow to dry.
3. Glue pointed ends of skewers into 1-inch balls. Spray balls, one at a time, with Make It Stone! metallic textured paint and immediately sprinkle with copper glitter over a sheet of paper. Stand skewers with balls on ends in the STYROFOAM sheet to dry.
4. Using wire cutters, cut the skewers to 3-1/2 inches in length.
5. Glue the 5-inch ball into the urn container opening with the glue gun.
6. Remove leaves from stems and cut stems to a 3-1/2-inch length.
7. Referring to photo, insert stems into the 5-inch ball, beginning with a rose around the ball at the container's opening. Insert a second row; then fill in the top of the arrangement.
8. Insert glittered balls randomly into the arrangement.