Apple Holiday Wreath
Kathy Hanson of Excelsior, Minn., was a busy executive who wanted to find a way to spend more time with her family. She started making charming items for the home, and her new career was born. In this project, Kathy makes a holiday wreath with fresh green apples.
Materials and Tools:
sheet of plywood
green exterior spray paint
100 3-inch galvanized nails
sturdy picture hangers
20 lb. of apples
- Draw a 24-inch circular pattern onto plywood, cut out wreath shape using jigsaw. Sand any rough edges.
- Before continuing, add sturdy picture hangers and heavy-gauge wire to back of wreath.
- Randomly hammer 100 3-inch galvanized nails into wreath form.
- Spray paint the plywood and nails green.
- Skewer the apples onto the nails.
- Fill the empty spaces with greenery.
- Add a decorative holiday bow.