Wild Mushroom, Herb and Pecan Stuffing Recipe
1 1/2 cups pecans, toasted and chopped
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
5 cups toasted cornbread, crumbled
1 yellow onion, finely chopped
2 ribs celery, diced
10 ounces wild mushrooms (chanterelle, oyster and shiitake)
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon chopped tarragon
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 cup good chicken stock
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Heat butter in a medium skillet on medium high. Add onion and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
3. Add mushrooms, thyme, rosemary, tarragon, salt and pepper; cook until slightly softened, about 3 minutes.
4. Add white wine; continue cooking until absorbed, about 1 minute.
5. Add cream. Cook 30 seconds; remove pan from heat.
6. Place crumbled cornbread into a large bowl. Add mushroom mixture and toasted pecans; toss.
7. Add chicken stock as needed, until stuffing is moist throughout.
8. Bake in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish for 30 minutes, until crusty and golden brown. Garnish with sprigs of fresh herbs before serving.